4101 RANDOLPH STREET
SAN DIEGO, CA 92103
As a board certified orthopedic hand specialist in San Diego since 1989, Greg Balourdas, M.D. places emphasis on the early accurate diagnosis of the complex disorders and injuries affecting the hand and arm.
By providing prompt, appropriate, conservative care, the need for surgery can be limited. By limiting the scope of his practice to the upper extremity, Dr. Balourdas is able to employ the most current surgical techniques in the treatment of arthritis, trauma and nerve injury.
Dr. Balourdas graduated, completed his residency in orthopedic surgery from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. Dr. Balourdas performed a hand and microvascular surgery fellowship at UCSD Medical Center. He is board certified in orthopedic surgery and has an added certification in surgery of the hand.
Dr. Balourdas has offices in Mission Hills and La Jolla. He is available for emergency and urgent care consultations.
– 1982, Case Western Reserve University, M.D. Degree
– Fellowship: 1994-1995, Hand and Microvascular Surgery, UCSD Medical Center, University hospitals
– Internship: 1982-1984, General Surgery, Case Western Reserve University, University hospitals
– Residency: 1984-1988, Orthopedic Surgery, Case Western Reserve University, University hospitals
– Clinical Instructor, UCSD Medical Center, Department of Orthopedics
– 1991-present, Surgery and Management of the Upper Extremity, Private practice
– 1989-1991, San Diego Hand Surgery of the Hand, Private practice
“Ankle Arthrodesis by Chevron Fusion with Internal Fixation and Bone Grafting”
Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Vol 65-A:833-838, 1983
“Railyard Amputations in Children”
Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics Vol 3:443-448, 1983
“Bilateral Fracture Dislocation of the Sacrum”
Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Vol 66-A:1297-1299, 1984
“Chevron Ankle Arthrodesis”
Orthopedic/Rheumatology Digest August Issue
– San Diego County Medical Society
– California Medical Association
– American Association for Hand Surgery
– Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons